Friday, June 19, 2009

Bible Camp Beads

The kids have been in Vacation Bible Camp all week and have had a fabulous time. I love picking the kids up. They are so uplifted and excited to see me, especially Ben. The second he sees me he goes into an all out sprint and jumps into my arms! Yesterday after jumping into my arms he presented me with a hand strung bead necklace with a small wooden cross in the middle. "I made it for you mama! ...because I love you!" Man, I love this kid with all my heart! When I looked at Lauren I saw her balling up her necklace trying to fit it into her tiny fist.

Me: Are you ready Lolo?
Lauren: (says nothing because she is still concentrating on getting her necklace hidden in her hand)
Me: What are you doing love?
Lauren: Nothing
Me: What are you doing with your necklace?
Lauren: (sheepishly avoiding eye contact) I made my necklace for me.
Me: Honey, that's okay...If you want it you should keep it!

1 comment:

Jaina said...

Aww, too cute. Sounds like they're having a great time. I used to love summer vacation bible school week with my cousins in the summer when I'd visit them.