Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Day Of Firsts

Today was an emotional, exciting, exhilarating, electrifying, eerie and many other 'E' adjectives day. As you know I got my real estate license. It started as a way to learn more and save money when we buy investment properties. Then as I got further and further into it I became more and more interested in pursuing real estate as a career. My hope is to work part-time for the next two years, then have a thriving full time career when Ben and Lauren start Kindergarten. I already have a listing and two more listing leads! Today I took buyers from CA around so they could get a better idea of what they wanted and what they could get for their money in TX. I had to take Ben and Lauren to Adventure Kids Playcare while I was working. I didn't mentally prepare myself for this day. After all, what's the big deal? I have left them with babysitters in my home countless times, Jack went to daycare the first year of his life, this is only a few hours at a time and this place came highly recommended from several reliable sources. As a matter of fact, the owner is from Nebraska and personally knows one of my best friends. I built this place up like no other. Ben and Lauren were so excited. They couldn't wait to take their lunches in their Dora and Diego lunch bags and play with the other kids. When we arrived the director took the kids and I on a tour of the facility. Before we were through the whole place Ben and Lauren were climbing through the giant indoor jungle gym. I finished the tour without them, and then stopped by to let them know that I was leaving. They each gave me quick kisses and hugs then ran back to the jungle gym. Lauren must have sensed that I was upset (after all she will be a woman someday) and came running after me for one last hug, kiss and a "see ya soon mommy, I love you!” When I got to my car I really thought I could throw up and I had to fight back tears. I don't know why this hit me so hard! I called Travis and got his voicemail. In retrospect it was better that I got his voicemail he wouldn't have gotten it. I called my girlfriend Trisha who was able to talk me off the ledge. Thank God for girlfriends!

No comments: