Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gym Etiquette

To the elderly overweight gentleman in the orange tank top, red running shorts and knee high tube socks at the gym this morning. I appreciate your efforts to make a New Years resolution, really I do. I don't know what diet plan you are following that recommends you eat 12 pounds of garlic for dinner. But, you have to understand that the smell of your sweat and breath is unbearable the morning after. Now that I have made you aware of your odor I hope that you won't be offended when I ask you to never come within 2 machines of me again. I nearly passed out from your odor. I had to lean away from you just to catch a breath of fresh air. I know you are new so you are unaware of gym etiquette. Rule number one; if there are other machines available, leave at least one machine between you and someone you don't know. Rule number two; the gym is not a fashion show, but tank tops are reserved for the men and women who are in good shape, all others should stick to a T-shirt. Rule number three; after you have sweat all over a machine please wipe it down, that is just plain nasty! If you implement these three basic rules the next time you come to the gym you will be less likely to be chased out by the meatheads that were staring at you with distain.

1 comment:

Jaina said...

Uuuugh. ::shudder::