Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How Much Is Too Much?

Monday: Baseball Practice
Tuesday: Rock Climbing
Wednesday: Boy Scouts
Thursday: Rock Climbing
Friday: Baseball Game

Is it a sign that Jack has too much on his plate when he falls asleep in the car on the way to rock climbing practice? I know he is tired because he is getting back into the swing of school, but I don't want to over schedule him. When he was young I said I was not going to be the mom that shuttled her kid from one activity to the next. I don't really know how this happened. Actually I do. He started out with baseball, he liked it. This summer he did a rock climbing camp, he liked it. Who am I to tell him that he can't do something? He can do anything he puts his mind to, but now because I have encouraged him, I am afraid he will burn out by the time he is 7! I am going to give this a couple more weeks, but something might have to go...I just don't know what!

No comments: