Friday, September 4, 2009

Do Glasses Make One Smarter?

Okay, I will admit it; I have pretty much sucked at keeping my new school year's resolution. I guess I am just not good at making resolutions. It seems that my blogging promise has fallen by the way side just like my vow to exercise and eat right. I resolve to no longer kid myself by making resolutions!

Ben's glasses came in yesterday, but Lauren's did not. No surprise, Ben did not want to wear the glasses. I instituted a star program that renewed his glasses wearing interest. When you wear your glasses ALL day you get a star. When you have 5 stars on your chart I will take you to the store to pick out a special prize. The ground rules are simple; only take your glasses off if you are sleeping. Ben attempted to work the system by telling me that he was going to 'take a nap' while he watched cartoons. Does he think I just fell off the turnip truck? I have worn (well, the eye doctor has thought I needed) glasses for 32 years. I can see these sorry excuses coming a mile away! But today when we arrived at "Meet The Teacher" at Ben and Lauren's new school I was pretty impressed.

Ben: I am going to take my glasses off and put them in the case so I can leave them in the car.
Me: No, you are going to wear them in.
Ben: I don't want to lose them in my classroom!

Now that was good! But, I am better. I explained that if he simply keeps his glasses on his face there is no chance of losing them.

My mom has always told me how hard it was to get a good picture of me when I was little because my glasses were always crooked or dirty. Now I get it. These two were the best I could come up with. I have worse ones where the poor kid looks like he has Downs Syndrome! The pictures don't do him justice he really does look cute!

No comments: