Saturday, March 7, 2009

Six Minus Six Days

Jack is turning six on Friday. It hasn't really hit me yet. I think it is because I haven't done the party planning that I am a custom too. Last year Jack had a big superhero bash in the backyard complete with a full-sized bounce house and homemade capes for each of his friends. The year before Travis and I spent the six weeks before his birthday working on wooden frames shaped like a fire truck for his party at the fire station. When he turned 3 we rented two horses and had handlers give rides to all of his guests. This year Jack is having a joint party with another boy in his class at Peter Piper Pizza, picture Chuck E. Cheese with beer and wine. Rather than goodie bags the kids will go home with a certificate for an ice cream cone from Baskin Robins. The boys decided on a football theme so I am going to pick up a couple of football balloon bouquets and make a 3-D football cake. And, that is it. It is really boring to me, but it is what Jack wants. I guess he is outgrowing mommy's babyish birthday parties. It makes me a little sad my boy is growing up. When did this happen?

No comments: