Saturday, March 28, 2009

Jack-O-Lantern


Jack lost his first tooth! He technically didn't lose it; I tricked him into letting me pull it. I tried to pull it with a piece of dental floss a week or so ago, but Travis told him it would hurt so he wouldn't let me. Today I finally got him to open his mouth by telling him I was just going to look at it. It only took a little tug to get it out. Jack was so excited to put his tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. When he woke up in the morning he was so disappointed because he thought the tooth fairy just took his tooth without leaving any money. I took him back up to his bed and helped him find the dollar that the tooth fairy at left. Jack looked a little disappointed.

Me: What's wrong?
Jack: This is only a dollar. I can't buy anything with just a dollar!
Me: Why don't you save it? When you lose more teeth you can put all of your money together and buy something. You have a lot of teeth!
Jack: When am I going to lose more teeth?
Me: Do you want me to pull another one?
Jack: NO!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Tell Jack I got a $20 for my first tooth, and that was 25+ years ago....and that Julia will only be getting a buck too!

Jaina said...

Lol. LOVE that conversation. :)