Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Jack!

My big boy turned six years old today. Six years ago today I didn't think it was possible to love him anymore than I did the day he was born, but I do! He continues to amaze me everyday. He is so smart and tests me daily with his curiosity. Today he wanted to know where the sun goes when it sets. And, the great thing is he actually wants to know. He listens intently and asks follow up questions when you give him an explanation. He has a great sense of humor and gets sarcasm like no other six year old. Don't get me wrong, he is still a six-year-old boy who finds toots and burps hysterical, but you can't win them all! He is so sweet and caring when he wants to be. He knows just when to give me a hug and a kiss. He is hardworking, helpful and an all around great kid! I am so lucky to be his mom.

His birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza was a huge success. Thirty-two of his closest friends joined us to celebrate. The kids played games and ate pizza while the adults drank beer and wine. It was a huge success!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Jack sounds like such a good kid, Kelli. You and Travis should feel very proud :) Can he marry Julia someday? (she's used to the burping & farting....she lives w/ her dad!)

Jaina said...

Happy birthday Jack!!! Sounds like he had a wonderful day. :)

Anonymous said...

He is who he is, BECAUSE you are his Mom. It's amazing how quickly time passes.
LLP