Thursday, March 19, 2009

Immanent Disaster

I drug the kids around all morning while I took care of business. We had to take a sign out of one yard, put a lock box on another house, pick up a contract from another agent, etc. I promised the kids that if they behaved while I got my work done we would go to Taco Bell for lunch. While I was filling our drinks the kids picked out a table. When I turned around I discovered the kids at a high-top table. They seemed so proud of their choice that I didn't want to burst their little bubbles by making them move. But, I knew disaster was immanent. I assumed the disaster would include someone falling out of a chair and crying hysterically, but alas I was wrong. We unpacked our food and started eating; everything was coming off without a hitch. Just when I started to relax the bell on the door rang announcing that we no longer had the restaurant to ourselves. When I saw it was two midgets (I know that is not the politically correct term, but it makes the story better) I quickly diverted my attention back to my taco so I couldn't be accused of staring. Unfortunately, Ben didn't look away. Not only did he not look away, he announced "Those little people can't get us up here!"

2 comments:

Jaina said...

Lol, that is too funny.

Lindy said...

I happened onto your blog from momblogs.

That one-liner was hilarious!