Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Lexie!

My niece was born today. We took the whole family to the hospital to meet her. Ben and Lauren have Bronchitis so they didn't get to see Lexie. Travis sat in the waiting room with Ben and Lauren while Jack and I got to know Lexie. Then I traded places with Travis and he went to see the baby. Since Lauren didn't get to see Lexie in the flesh I showed her a picture.

Lauren: I like that baby, can we bring her home?
Me: No, that is your cousin Lexie, she is going to live with Aunt Nicole.
Lauren: Why?
Me: Because Aunt Nicole is her mommy.
Lauren: Why?
Me: (knowing this conversation was going no where fast I decided to change the subject) What do you like about the baby?
Lauren: She is pink and a little bit black.

1 comment:

Jaina said...

Awww, how precious! Congrats on the new niece!