Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just When Everything Is Going Well...

I woke up singing 'It's A Great Day To Be Alive' by Travis Tritt. I am not a real country fan, but I used to be and this song has always stuck with me.

I got rice cooking in the microwave
Got a three day beard I don't plan to shave
And it's a goofy thing but I just gotta say
Hey I'm doing alright

Yeah I think I'll make me some homemade soup
Feelin pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced
No I'm just doin alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

It's been fifteen years since I left home
Said good luck to every seed I'd sown
Give it my best and then I left it alone
Oh...I hope their doin alright

Now I look in the mirror and what do I see?
A lone wolf there starin back at me
Long in the tooth but harmless as can be
Lord I guess he's doin alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

Sometimes it's lonely
Sometimes it's only me
And the shadows that fill this room
Sometimes I'm fallin
Desperately callin
Howlin at the moon...
Ahwoo!
Ahwoo!

Well I might go get me a new tattoo
Or take my old Harley for a three day cruise
Might even grow me a Fu Man Chu...
Oh Aww!

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

I was sitting on the floor stretching my back out this morning when Jack woke up. He was so sweet and without any words came up and started rubbing my back. What a good boy!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better I heard Jack and Lauren talking from the laundry room.
Jack: I will put your shoes on for you, but I don't want you to take them off as soon as I put them on, okay?
Lauren: K
Jack: You mean, yes sir!
Lauren: yeser
Jack: Good girl!
The next thing I knew Lauren came toddling out of the laundry room with her shoes on. Wow! Jack actually put her shoes on; I thought they were just talking. This will really be great if I can get him to put her shoes on while I put on Ben's!

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, I was right. I was fixing my breakfast thinking I would actually have time to run to the dry cleaners before Trisha's son came over for the morning. Just then Lauren fell off bottom rung of the kitchen chair. She was lying under the table crying hysterically. I assumed she was being a drama queen again so I picked her up and put her in the family room. I figured if she were going to lie on the floor and throw a fit that it would be more comfortable on the carpet than the kitchen tile. I continued to make my breakfast and ate, all the while Lauren was crying. When she cried for 5-10 minutes straight I thought it was time to pick her up and check her out. She didn't have any visible bumps or bruises, then she hurled all over herself, the carpet and me. I should have left her on the kitchen floor! Now what? We just discovered last night that we don't have any health insurance. Travis' insurance from his old job ceased on his last day and come to find out it doesn't kick in at the new place until June 1st. I called the nurse at the pediatrician's office and got her voicemail then I called Travis who didn't answer either. So I called Trisha, between Trisha, her husband and I we decided that since her eyes weren't dilated, they were changing when I put the flashlight in her face and she wasn't acting dizzy she would be fine. The nurse finally called and she gave me some other things to watch out for, but she didn't think it was necessary to bring her in. The great thing is that I didn't even have to tell her that we don't have any insurance. I feel like white trash! Not to mention that I didn't get to the dry cleaners!

No comments: