Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Birthday Extravaganza

It has been a picture perfect day...for Jack. He awoke with all the excitement that you would expect out of a 4 year old boy who was anticipating a birthday party at the fire station. His bouncing off the walls was interupted only when one of his fans called to wish him a happy birthday. All of the firemen showered Jack with extra attention and he loved every minute of it. The kids were able to climb in the truck and pretend like they were driving, hold the fire hose and ring the bell. After the tour we ate pizza, played pin the fire hat on the dalmation, hit a fire truck pinata and ate cake, all in the neighboring park. The kids seemed to have a great time, but most importantly, Jack had a ball. Ben and Lauren on the other hand didn't have much fun. They must have gotten together before the party and agreed to tag team Travis and I. It seemed like one or the other of them were crying at all times. Thank goodness for the help of my friends; if it weren't for them I wouldn't have been able to enjoy Jack!
My girlfriend and I spent the entire day yesterday working on the cake. Actually, she worked on the cake while I provided moral support. It turned out great and Jack loved showing it off to all of his friends.


I took a picture of all of the kids at the party on the front of the fire truck and put it in a wooden frame that Travis and I have spent the last two months working on. The parents seemed impressed, but the kids seemed more excited by the plastic fire hats provided by the fire station!


When we got home from the party Jack opened all of his presents. Every last one was a hit! He is now sleeping off the birthday buzz. Only 364 more days until his 5th birthday, I will wait awhile before I start planning it... Until then, on to Ben and Lauren's 2nd birthday party!

No comments: