Monday, March 26, 2007

Kroger...Am I Allowed To Say That In A Blog?

I went to Kroger to do my grocery shopping last night. The only good thing about the trip is that the kids were in bed at home. I have been attempting to save money on groceries by scouring the local grocery stores ads online before I head out. Milk is my big saver. Someone always has milk on sale, this week it was Kroger. I stopped there to purchase the 6 gallons of milk we go through on a weekly basis as well as several other sale items, including beer. The great news on the beer was that bottles and cans were the same price, so of course I went with bottles...my first mistake. I went through the line, without incident, so I thought. I declined carry out; since I was by myself I figured I could handle it! On my way out, my beer fell off the bottom of my cart, breaking at least one bottle and making a giant beer mess all over the soda I also had on the bottom. Luckily, a manager saw the whole thing unfold and brought me a new case of beer. I then headed off to Tom Thumb to purchase strawberries, among other things. I am feeling pretty good about the service I had just received from the manager. Or, was I just getting drunk from the beer fumes. I can just imagine getting pulled over and having to explain the beer smell with three car seats in the back of my station wagon full of groceries. So I purchase my groceries at Tom Thumb and as all of the chain stores do, the cashier handed me my receipt and told me how much money I saved because I have a rewards card. This reminds me that the cashier at Kroger didn't mention how much I had saved. I had my card on the counter, certainly he scanned it. When I got to the car I checked my receipt and sure enough, it said if I had used my card I would have saved $9.29. I couldn't believe I had been screwed out of $9.29, so using skills I got from my mother I went back to the store to as my mom says, "open a can of whoop ass". Don't worry; I got my $9.29 back!! Yet another case of 'the man' trying to screw the little guy...well hear this, I WILL NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!

No comments: