Thursday, July 5, 2007

www.funnyordie.com

Have you seen this website? Will Farrell is doing short skits, a couple with his 2-year-old daughter Pearl. She is using choice words and phrases such as "bitch" and "get my drink on". My friend mentioned it this afternoon. Then I stumbled upon The O'Reilly Factor tonight, Geraldo was on defending Will Farrell's actions as Bill O'Reilly went on about how Farrell was out of line. If a parent chooses to teach their two-year-old those words that is their prerogative. I don't want my two-year-olds to say bitch and speak like a gangster, but if the Farrells don't mind hearing that outside of the skit that is their choice. But, it isn't fair for them to expect her to reserve those words for skits. When little Pearl is in therapy in 10 years or so it isn't going to be because she said bitch at two, it will be because she will be yet another spoiled little brat of a big Hollywood star. I normally can agree with Bill O'Reilly, but his opinion is too conservative on this one. I personally found the skits dull, the outakes on the other hand are pretty darn funny!

No comments: